Who doesn’t love a good life hack? I use them for stains, crafts, inspiration, and everything in general. Usually, I consult Google or Pinterest. Sometimes Google leads me to Pinterest, so in my mind, it’s my friend. (Not really.) Below, I have added some of my favorites, and by the end, I would love for you to try to guess which is my favorite. Enjoy!
Technology Life Hack
- Put your phone on airplane mode and it will charge much faster.
- Use a spring from an old pen around your charger to keep it from bending or breaking.
- “Control + Shift + T” will reopen the last tab closed (which is helpful if it was an accident).
- Press “9” on your phone when you get a call from a telemarketer. Don’t say anything, it will add your number to the “Don’t Call List”.
- Take a quick photo of your luggage before traveling. This will help speed up the process if your bag ends up getting lost.
- When Word tells you to revise a fragment, it means to add a semicolon.
Home/Car Life Hack
- Use shower curtain hooks to hand purses and bags in your closet.
- Eating chocolate while studying will help the brain retain new information more easily, and has been directly linked to higher test scores.
- Shaving cream and makeup remover can remove makeup stains from your clothes.
- In areas with lots of stoplights, going the speed limit will help you catch more green lights.
- When filling your car with gas, hold the trigger halfway. You’ll get more gas and less air.
- Alcohol will get stains out of microfiber furniture.
- Toothpaste and/or Goo-Gone will take off paint scratches on cars.
- Placing fabric sheets in your drawers will help keep your clothes smelling fresh. (This is especially helpful if you use storage bins for some of your clothes. It will keep your clothes from getting that stored clothes smell.)
Lifestyle Life Hack
- When a friend is venting to you, sometimes it is better to just listen and not try to give advice.
- When you have a sore throat, grab a pack of JELLO, heat it up, and add a teaspoon of honey. The Gelatin will coat and soothe your throat.
- Flights will be at their absolute cheapest 54 days prior to the flight. See some of my favorite travel tricks and tips here.
- Smiling can make the world of difference and you can give yourself the validation that you need.
What About You?
What is/are your favorite Pinterest hack(s)? Can you guess which of these is my favorite? (Hint: I love to travel.) Let me know in the comments below. Also, I would so appreciate it if you could share this post. Until next time!